Forensic Science kit is written by qualified scientists and teaches the techniques that scientists use everyday to solve crimes!
Take plaster casts of shoe prints, extract DNA, analyse inks and create a fingerprint database.
Forensic scientists collect evidence and preserve the integrity of the evidence so that it is admissible in court. With this kit our future scientists will be introduced to this fascinating world and gain valuable insights into scientific procedures. And have fun!
List of experiments:
- Take plaster casts of shoe prints and match pattern evidence to suspects’ shoes
- Create a fingerprint database and learn how to lift and analyse a mystery print
- Extract your own DNA!
- Use chromatography to analyse and identify different inks.
Contents of the Kit:
- 2 x 150g sachets of plaster of Paris (gypsum)
- Plastic cups
- Vial of commercial baker’s starch
- Vial of graphite powder
- Dropper pipette
- Chromatography paper
- Test tubes (2)
- Full colour booklet